What do the scholars and experts of shari’ah say regarding the actions of a person in the state of ihram? What things are forbidden to do?
All perfect praise is for Allah ﷻ, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allah ﷻ, and that Prophet Muhammad ﷺ is His Messenger.
When a person enters the state of Ihram certain things become forbidden. One should refrain from these acts and not go anywhere near them.
The forbidden things are:
- Covering the head.
- Cutting the hair
- Removing hair from any part of the body
- Cutting nails
- Using perfume
- Sexual relations between a husband and a wife
- No hugging or kissing between them or anything which can lead to intercourse
- Wearing any stitched clothes on any part of the body
- Hunting animals
- Cutting trees in Haram Sharif
- The wearing of Niqab for women and gloves
And Allah ﷻ knows best
This Fatwa is written by Dr. Hafiz Muhammad Munir Al-Azhari